Currently the use of the glossary and glossary terms within all specifications is somewhat random.
This is the original holding area for some ideas about the problem and possible solutions
- Move glossary to be an appendix
Either as a table like the references appendix or as a more 'normal' glossary just listing words and definitions.
- Make the glossary a common framemaker chapter to all specifications.
Use conditional markers if necessary to select the required terms for each document.
- Review the formatting of glossary terms.
Currently these are simply italicized.
- Review existing document to use proper cross references to the glossary definitions.
If possible in Framemaker get the term to have a hover over using the description from the table.
- Consider the case of glossary terms.
Current practise is to avoid leading upper case as this clutters normal reading, however it's probably best.
- How to allow Jira drafts to indicate that the text is a glossary term.
<move "Allowed values are" and "Allowed values are from" entries as text to 18.104.22.168 Enumeration data types>
<move "values include" and "Values include those from" entries as text to 22.214.171.124 NMTOKEN data types>